Thursday, December 11, 2008

The things I do in School

Many of my friends wonder what I would spend my time in SK Airport. Apparently, they expect that I would have a lot of time to spare as I teach in school only in the morning.

To tell the truth, time passes really fast here as I have many activities to do. Usually the school would have meetings, school activities, competitions and many more in the afternoons. I don't usually get my hands dirty in doing the school activities because I have many students that I could call for so that things could get done, such as clearing the weeds behind my backyard.

Well, occasionally I would pretend that I'm working, to avoid complaints. Smart.


And then off I go to play the slides. Never have I enjoyed so much fun! WeeeeEEee...Regarding food, sometimes I need to help out to prepare. This is one of the sacrifices that I would do for good food. Such as these lamb satays... Marinated by Cikgu Nazri from Kelantan who should open a satay stall if gets tired of teaching.

Here's a proof that I'm working.

At night. Of course people here sleep early. That's why the villagers have many kids. If you know what I mean. For me, I would usually chat with the other teachers at the little hut in front of my house, teach tuition classes and then watch Canton dramas before I go to bed. Life's simple, no confusing and irritating traffic jams, no project due dates and no sales target to hit. Easy.
So occasionally there would be parties organized by the party-loving staff of SK Airport.
It's my roommate's birthday! And the cake was special order from Bintulu. It sustained the 4 hour 4by4 ride all the way. Wow...
And the famous SK Airport BBQ! Satays + Chicken Wings + Wild boar (when no muslims are joining).
We serve our beer with anything. From chicken wings to Keropok Lekor from Kelantan. Simply scrumptious.
The venue of the BBQ parties would always be the little hut. It can get pretty windy at night. Look at my hair.
I know this is getting a bit like I'm doing an advertorial for Tiger Beer. It's not! Just that we had a whole pack of Tiger to finish.

Our panggang boy.
This guy got so bubbly after having few tins of Tiger.
He told me his almost all of his family history.
Which I did not want to know.



2 comments:

didie said...

glad to c u are doin so great there hui..love to hear more of u soon!

kylinkho said...

yeah...
thanks gal
hey wan noe bout ur sch story too
hope 2 hear from u soon
best wishes..