Thursday, December 11, 2008

scribbLings...that didn't get poSted



On 5.13pm Thursday, 23rd October 2008

AMAZING! Saw a white-beaked hornbill! It's sitting on a tree as I rode down the river on a long boat on the way back to school.



  • A replica of what I saw.

Sorry no pictures as evidence but I have several witnesses such as Reynold the headmistress’s son who was on the boat with me. And makcik. And teacher Tony! BREATH TAKING.

I love this place.


I told Steven from Switzerland about what I saw.


"I saw a hornbill! Sitting high above the branches as my boat passes by. What a sight!"

"You lucky bum. I hate you!"

"Hahahha"


On 10.21pm Sunday, 26th October 2008

Met another foreign traveler, Mike from Colorado, US tonight (apart from travelers like Steven from SwitzerlandCzech, UK, and even South Africa in the past few weeks).We talked almost everything including the pressure mounting in US regarding Obama VS McCain. and others from


I felt surprised of the amount of travelers that would come all the way to this small town, Belaga. Many of these people from other parts of the world know about Belaga, Sarawak. 3-months ago, I have never heard of this place. I thought I know a lot about Sarawak but apparrently what I know about my state was very limited. I know Kuching. But other than that I know nothing. I don't bother to know.


If I haven’t got posted to SK Airport I would know less about the places in Sarawak compared to Steven, Mike and Jacob from Czech. Many of these travelers would wish that it is them who are the new Belaga teacher. To have the once in a lifetime experience to be close to nature, to teach native children and to enjoy the serenity here in SK Airport, it is priceless, they say.


I know how horrible it is to learn to appreciate my own home land through foreign travelers. I am trying to cherish what I have got.


I don’t know how long I would be here teaching and meeting new faces of people who come from far away to witness the beauty of this place. One thing that I’m sure of is that I’m now a happier person.

1 comment:

ervinna said...

hey gal, stumbled upon ur blog through google:) haha
Great sharing u have here. Glad to know that u're having such a good learning experience there =)